Beer & Cheese? Yes, please!
On Main St. in Vista Village is Mother’s Provisions–a sandwich, wine, charcuterie, cheese kind-of place. The cheese selection is small, but they do carry some amazing cheeses that are rotated. Lots of wine & wine pairings to be had.
Attached to Mother’s Provisions is a wonderful place that makes copious amounts of delicious brew: Mother Earth Brewery Co.
There are always good times to be had at Mother Earth. Want something to eat? Go into URBN, order a pie and head on over to Mother Earth. They’ll bring it over to you when it’s ready.
Not feeling pizza? No worries! Mother’s Provisions will walk over a cheese plate & panini, When Pigs Fly BBQ will deliver some tasty ribs, or you can pick-up some tacos from Tortilleria Los Reyes before going to Mother Earth.
Their Tap List has a lot of mainstays with a few experimental and barrel-aged beers.
A few of my favorites:
- BooKoo IPA – A single-hop varietal made with Mosaic Hops. Very crisp and tasty, not that heavy hitting.
- Cali’ Creamin’ – Tastes just like a Vanilla Cream Soda.
- Main St. – A cream ale, minus the vanilla and sweetness.
- Sin Tax – A yummy Peanut Butter Imperial Stout that will warm your belly.
- Honcho Hefe – a hearty Hefeweizen that does not have a strong banana flavor. Very crisp & refreshing on a hot day.
They have Bingo nights on Wednesday (free to play), televisions for sporting events, plenty of seating, and are dog-friendly so you can bring everyone in the family.
I highly recommend checking this place out when in Vista Village.